But it really need a careful step in the making process in order to make sure everything is following the recepi instruction, but no worries...i'm succeeded on the first attempt...who knows right???just bake with your heart & i'll turn to be your flavour...: )
RAINBOW CARAMEL CAKE
Ingredients / Bahan2:
2 tbsp caster sugar / 2 sb gula kastor
400g evaporated milk / 400g susu cair
3 tbsp caster sugar / 3 sb gula kastor
6 large egg yolks / 6 biji kuning telur
1/2 tsp vanilla essence / 1/2 sk esen vanila
140g self raising flour / 140g tepung naik sendiri
3 tbsp caster sugar / 3 sb gula kstor
3 large egg yolks / 3 biji kuning telur
135ml evaporated milk @ fresh milk / 135ml susu cair @ susu segar
45ml corn oil / 45ml minyak jagung
6 large egg whites / 6 biji putih telur
3 tbsp icing sugar / 3 sb gula halus
1/2tsp cream of tartar / 1/2 sk cream of tartar
Method / Cara-cara :
1. Cook the sugar in A until caramelizing in a round 9 inch layer. Set aside.
2. Put the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla & evaporated milk in B ingredients into a bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients until well mix (do not over mix it until bubbled).
4. In another bowl, add in sugar from C ingredients.
5. Scale the flour.
6. Add in baking powder into the flour.
7. Sift the flour mixture.
8. Make a hole in the center.
9. Add in the yolks.
10. Add in the corn oil.
11. Add in the water.
12. Mix the batter, set aside.
13. In the mixer bowl, put the egg whites & sugar.
14. Beat the egg whites & sugar.
15. Add in cream of tartar.
16. Beat until soft peaks.
17. Pour 1/2 of C batter into the beaten egg whites.
18. Fold in the batter together.
19. Add in the remaining batter.
20. Fold in until well mix.
21. Divide the batter evenly into several portions ( i divide into 5 portions).
22. Add in 1/8 tsp of the food colouring into each bowl.
23. Mix until no white streaks remain.
24. Take the layer & wrap with aluminium foil.
25. Sift B ingredients into the layer.
26. This is how it looks like, smooth & no bubble.
|29. Pour hot water into the base layer to bake it in water-bath.|
30. Put into preheated oven & bake 1 hour.
|31. This is how it looks like after 1/2 an hour ( do not open the oven or it'll collapse).|
32. When the cake is cooked, let it rest in the oven for 1o min & take it out. Remove from water-bath.
|33. Run a knife round the layer to loosen.|
34. Remove the aluminium foil.
35. Place the cake board or flat large plate on top of the cake.
36. Invert it up side down carefully.
37. Slowly lift up the layer. Cool completely on wire rack before refrigerate.
Ready to be served...